Jean Nouvel Design is a multidisciplinary team working in the fields of furniture design, interior design, scenography, and visual communications. Jean Nouvel’s œuvre follows the tradition of philosopher architects who design whole worlds of all dimensions.
An urbanist and an architect, Jean Nouvel is also a designer because he rejects labels. Jean Nouvel created JND (Jean Nouvel Design) in 1995 to complement the architecture firm, AJN (Ateliers Jean Nouvel), through its specific design work. Since its inception, Jean Nouvel Design has developed and edited over a hundred objects and pieces of furniture. Jean Nouvel was born in 1945 in Fumel, in the Lot-et-Garonne. He lives and works in Paris.
In 2008, he was awarded the Pritzker Prize, architecture’s highest honour, for his work on more than 200 projects. Some of the completed projects include:
– White Walls: Nicosia, Cyprus
– One Central Park: Sydney, Australia
– Imagine Institute:Paris, France
– Life Marina: Ibiza, Spain
– Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel: Barcelona, Spain
– Archipel Theater: Perpignan, France
– High-Rise Office Building: Doha, Qatar
– RBC Design Center: Montpellier, France
– Serpentine Gallery – The Red Sun Pavilion: London, United Kingdom
– 100 11th Avenue: New York, United States
– One New Change: London, United Kingdom